Get Personal

My photo
I'm a guy who has no idea what the world around him is turning into or what his future holds apart from eventual death. Pessimistic to say the least, hence the lovely title. This is for my thoughts, feelings and is a general waste of internet space.

May 1, 2014

I always want more

I think the expression is, "aim for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" my problem is that I do that, but instead of heading to the stars, the earth's gravity pulls me back down and I end up smashing into the ground. I just imagined myself being fired from a catapult and that happening, like an old looney tunes cartoon, shit's funny. The reality of it though, is that it takes me so long to recover from the fall that it makes me not want to try again. Why do I want to put myself through pain and disappointment again? For that very small chance that it'll work this time? I just don't have the faith for it anymore, like my chest has been trampled one too many times. The truth is that I will recover, and I will fling myself to the heavens again, but right now I feel like hell and it's a really hard feeling to get over. People say you never know unless you try, but it's trying that's gotten me feeling down every other time and I haven't seen the brighter side of trying in too long. If I could skip forward a couple years that'd be great, so I don't have to go through any more disappointment right now because I'm sick of it. The bad feelings, the self doubt, the never ending feeling that I'm just not good enough. I am good enough, fuck everyone who says otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment